How much do you charge for shipping and delivery for furniture orders?
Shipping and in-home delivery are free for furniture orders, unless you have special circumstances to consider. However, we do not ship to North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, or Wyoming at all. Here are some details regarding transportation and in-home delivery:
- Our in-home delivery partner will contact you by phone to arrange a delivery day and time-frame. Delivery timeframes are usually within a four-hour window. Our in-home delivery partner will spend 15 minutes at your residence bringing your furniture in and setting it in place. If additional time is spent in your home, you will be responsible for extra charges incurred to CarolinaChair.
- Please ensure the delivery pathway is clear and the room/area is ready for your furniture before the delivery folks arrive. Please measure your entryways/doorways/stairways/elevators to be sure the furniture will fit prior to placing your order. CarolinaChair cannot be held responsible for any damages trying to get your furniture into your home.
- Deliveries are typically scheduled Monday - Friday, however, some of our delivery partners may route your delivery for a weekend day. Our delivery partners are small companies and strive to route their deliveries to various states in the most economical way. Please understand this limitation when they call you to schedule your delivery. If you cannot be home during your scheduled delivery timeframe, please make arrangements for someone to be at your home to accept delivery - otherwise you may have to wait for their next scheduled trip to your area.
What are examples of special circumstances?
- There could be extra charges associated with delivering to remote areas and locations. The customer will be responsible for any added costs associated with remote area delivery, including any ferry charges if applicable.
- There could be extra charges associated with obstructions preventing the delivery agent from getting in your driveway for the delivery. The customer will be responsible for any added costs associated with this situation.
- If a specific date or timeframe for delivery is requested and can be accommodated by the delivery agent, a fee will be charged.
- Deliveries made to areas with three or more flights of stairs (having no service elevators) can be made with an extra charge.
- All furniture must be delivered within 30 days of the ship date (the date your furniture leaves our manufacturing plant). Storage fees will apply after 30 days and the customer will be responsible for these fees.
Do you provide free shipping to other countries or states outside the continental U.S.?
We only provide free shipping to the 48 contiguous states. However, we will provide free shipping of your furniture to a freight forwarder of your choice (within the continental U.S.) if you will cover the costs and the details of transporting your furniture from the freight forwarder to the final destination. We can assist you in getting a quote for those transportation costs. We will get you the best shipping quote possible, and have found that our customers outside the continental US, once they receive their shipping quote, still decide to purchase from us!
Do you provide free shipping on your furniture accessories?
We only provide free shipping on furniture orders. For orders that do not include furniture (throw pillows only, etc.), we charge actual shipping costs.